Sycamore House offers organisations the chance to grow and become a part of a vibrant life sciences community. With two floors of offices and laboratories, Sycamore House is the multi-tenant building for start-ups, scale-ups and mature companies. Combining organisations in various phases of their life cycle in one building results in a unique community in which each company can learn from each other. The building stimulates knowledge-sharing, synergy and communication. A building with a beating heart.
The 1980s storage facility will be completely transformed into a flexible building, with tailor-made offices and laboratories. Upon entering the building you will be welcomed by a communcal area with meeting rooms, seating and waiting areas. Passing through you will find the reception desk, cafe and break out spaces.
The spaces are able to accommodate office and laboratory facilities, specifically aimed at bioscience occupiers. Because of the modular and flexible design of the spaces, the building is suitable for a large variety of tenants in terms of size and maturity. Available spaces will vary from 100 to 2,000 sqm.
Sycamore House: more than just accommodation
On top of the tailor-made accommodation, Kadans offers various ecosystem services. These services are provided in addition to regular property and technical services. By offering these ecosystem services Kadans optimizes the success of your organization.
Some examples of our ecosystem services are:
- Access to an extensive network of innovative commercial businesses and renowned knowledge & research institutions on many science parks and campuses throughout Europe
- Access to network organizations within the life sciences and health sector
- Access to international business
- Access to network meetings for the life sciences and health sector
- Access to community meetings at the campus
- Access to career events
- Access to shared lab equipment
- Access to lab instruments
- Access to multiple business services, like intellectual property services, legal services, human resource services and marketing & communication services
- Access to incubator and accelerator programs
- Access to capital
- Access to meeting facilities
- Access to office and laboratory design and development support
Stevenage BioScience Campus
The Campus is strategically located in Stevenage, between Cambridge and London and right in the middle of the Golden Research Triangle. Sycamore House is located directly adjacent to Stevenage Bioscience Catalyst (“SBC”), and the Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult Manufacturing Centre (“CGTCMC”).
The Campus benefits from good connectivity with established knowledge centres and a skilled workforce in close proximity. The facility will build on the strengths of the collaborative ecosystem based at Stevenage and support the further growth of the globally significant cell and gene therapy community. Kadans and SBC will collaborate to develop the campus ecosystem through new initiatives and value-add services. The aim will be to support the cross-campus community both locally as well as internationally, using the networks and reach of both organisations.
With direct access to the A1 highway via junctions 7 and 8 on the east side of the city, the connectivity of the Campus by car is considered good. Stevenage is well connected to major hubs. Cambridge is only 40 kilometres away and reachable within 40 minutes by train, and it takes only a 19-minute train journey to reach Kings Cross in London. In addition, Luton and Stansted international airports are reachable within 40 minutes and Heathrow within 1 hour.